Advanced Search Solution Provides Unified Access to Disparate File System Structures Enabling Users to Quickly Search, Find, Retrieve and Act Upon Content Located Throughout the Enterprise.
Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced the latest release of The a9 AppConnect for Aras Innovator™. Developed by Aras partner Alcove9, a Michigan-based provider of advanced open source intranet-based search solutions, The a9 AppConnect for Aras Innovator provides unified access to disparate file system structures, enabling users to quickly search, find, retrieve and act upon content located throughout the enterprise.
With The a9 AppConnect for Aras Innovator, Aras users can immediately locate part and product data residing in unrelated repositories, applications and content formats, based on the rights and permissions established in Aras. All properties and files maintained in Aras are fully accessible via the user-friendly Alcove9 interface, and users can view property details and leverage Alcove9’s virtual profile card (VPC) which identifies relationships and structure, and enables the user to visualize documents and drawings.
“The AppConnect from Alcove9 is ideal for large-scale, geographically dispersed organizations,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “When users can quickly and easily locate product-related information no matter where it resides in the company, re-use goes up, costs go down, and time to market accelerates.”
Alcove9 LLC offers advanced intranet search solutions on an open-source platform for all industry sectors. The company provides a simple solution that helps individuals and companies to decrease the daily challenges and frustrations of accessing, viewing and categorizing product data that may exist in multiple and disparate repositories, applications or content formats.
Nov 10, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers