Advanced Search Solution Provides Unified Access to Disparate File System Structures Enabling Users to Quickly Search, Find, Retrieve and Act Upon Content Located Throughout the Enterprise.
Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced the Alternative Structure Browser for Large Assemblies add-on solution for the Aras Innovator PLM platform. Developed by Aras gold certified partner Minerva of France, the Alternative Structure Browser creates an interactive graphical representation of the Bill of Materials (BOM) with advanced visualization and navigation capabilities within Aras. The Alternative Structure Browser for Aras is ideal for companies with large electro-mechanical product structures such as aircraft, automobiles, ships and sophisticated industrial equipment.
The Alternative Structure Browser enables Aras users to zoom in and out on complex product structures, as well as drag and drop the structure nodes to re-orient the data for optimal viewing. Users click on a node (i.e. Part, Drawing, CAD model or other item) to view the related description and all the associated properties. A simple click also enables users to drill down to the part master, document or whatever the item being viewed deep in the structure. User security is controlled so individuals can only see and access the data and files for which they have permission. The Alternative Structure Browser leverages the Cytoscape Web graph library, a powerful open source platform for visualizing complex networks and integrating any type of attribute data.
“The Alternative Structure Browser is a great example of the power of an open source and community development,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “Aras’s open architecture enables partners like Minerva, as well other corporate community members and users, to develop and deploy advanced solutions that would otherwise not be possible. Our enterprise open source format gives global companies complete control over their PLM environment.”
The Alternative Structure Browser for Aras is available from Minerva
To learn more & view a recorded demo visit http://aras.com/plm/001371
Nov 17, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting