Altair Engineering, Inc today announced that the company has been honored with a 2011 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility. As part of the When Work Works research initiative, the annual award recognizes employers that enhance business and employee success by fostering flexible work environments.
The honorees are chosen based on an initial employer application and subsequent employee insights gathered through an online survey.
“Our employees are our greatest asset, and we strive to demonstrate our appreciation for their dedication by cultivating a positive work environment and culture,” said Jim Scapa, chairman and CEO of Altair. “Knowing that we have received this award in large part thanks to our employee feedback and participation in the process is encouraging.”
Altair has integrated a variety of initiatives and policies in an effort to improve work-life balance and employee satisfaction. Among these include providing technology to enable remote working arrangements, inviting staff to receive a massage by an on-site therapist during work hours, and encouraging wellness by incorporating fresh-food vending options and having in-house exercise facilities. In addition, Altair has introduced a health clinic within its world headquarters, which provides employees – and their families – access to a nurse practitioner who can address common health concerns, allowing employees to avoid a time-consuming trip to the doctor.
“The response to these programs has been outstanding,” said Scapa. “Altair will continue to explore opportunities to enhance our employees’ day-to-day environment.”
When Work Works is a project of the Families and Work Institute in partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Institute for Competitive Workforce and the Twiga Foundation, with funding from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012