Paul Richards has joined the training team at Delcam.
Delcam has expanded its training team in the UK with the addition of Paul Richards, formerly Training Team Leader for the AlphaCAM product range at the Planit Group. The appointment comes as Delcam is seeing record demand for training, both from new users at the growing number of companies that are changing to Delcam software and from existing customers that need to be updated in the latest developments in the programs.
"Our sales of new software this year have increased by over 20% from 2010,” stated Delcam UK General Manager, Steve Creron. "This has lead to increased demand for training, both for the operators at our new customers and for additional users at our established customers.”
"We are also seeing more requests for update training following the launch of the 2012 versions of our PowerMILL system for high-speed and five-axis machining and our FeatureCAM feature-based CAM software,” he added. "Customers are keen to learn about the new strategies in the software and how these can increase their productivity and profitability.”
Mr. Richards has more than thirty years’ experience in manufacturing and engineering. He completed his apprenticeship at Joshua Bigwood, an engineering company based in Wolverhampton, and then spent nine years as a manual machine operator.
Mr. Richards’ first experience of CNC milling came following a move to Forth Engineering in 1986, where he worked as a machine operator and programmer using Asquith gantry machines. Three years later, he joined Vickers Defence Systems and spent nine years as a Production Engineer specialising in CADCAM.
Mr. Richards first joined AlphaCAM as a Technical Support Engineer in 1999 before being promoted to Training Team Leader in 2003. He was responsible for development and delivery of training courses at the company, and also undertook on-site training for customers in the aerospace, automotive and autosport industries.
"We are very pleased to have added such an experienced engineer to our training team,” said Mr. Creron. "His extensive knowledge of CADCAM and CNC machining will be of great value to our customers.”
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel