There were added bonuses for two of the four Planit software brands being demonstrated at the Advanced Engineering Exhibition.
Bonus number one: Alphacam, Edgecam, Javelin and Radan were exhibiting in the Aero Engineering section, but a number of visitors to the Composites Engineering section came to the stand for demonstrations of how Alphacam can improve the performance of machines manufacturing parts from composite materials.
Bonus number two: The latest releases of all four brands were on show, and the Javelin production planning and control system secured a number of upgrades to the new version.
Amongst the numerous aspects of new functionality in Javelin 2012 R1:
• Data capture jobs within real time can be suspended but automatically restarted allowing users to be diverted from tasks but resume later with minimum interfacing time
• Greater control over Consignment Stores, allowing them to be consigned to a customer and affording similar stock control facilities to normal stores
• Parts can be marked ‘obsolete,’ excluding them from most lists, processes and enquiries.
Visitors to the stand saw demonstrations of Radan’s enhanced tagging and additional nesting for common cutting functionality, along with Alphacam’s new and improved 3D machining strategies, further enhancements to its toolpath associativity, and solid viewing support for all modules. In addition, Edgecam demonstrated how its new Flow Surface cycle improves machining of fillets and 3D surfaces, and how its new Waveform Roughing Strategy gives greater stability, more precise machining and faster metal removal.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program