Adds Digitalis® Rapid Manufacturing Printer To Its Print Engine Portfolio.
3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it acquired from the Advanced Materials Division of Huntsman Corporation (NYSE: HUN) its RenShape® stereolithography print materials and Digitalis® rapid manufacturing 3D printer product line for $41 million in cash. This business generated $7 million of annual revenue during 2010, primarily from sales of RenShape® print materials.
Huntsman has been a global provider of RenShape® stereolithography, a portfolio of advanced materials formulated to print durable, robust parts and prototypes with outstanding accuracy, intricate reproduction of detail and a high-quality surface finish. These materials complement 3D Systems’ product offering and are ideal for printing snap-fit polypropylene and ABS like parts and selectively colored medical models on 3D Systems’ SLA® printers.
Digitalis® is a new MEMS (Microelectromechanical systems) rapid manufacturing printer currently in advanced stages of development and validation that is capable of manufacturing large numbers of parts simultaneously at high speed and accuracy.
This acquisition complements 3D Systems’ print materials technology and intellectual property portfolio and adds the Digitalis® print engine to its printer family. 3D Systems plans to integrate these product lines into its growing rapid manufacturing and healthcare solutions portfolio. The company expects this acquisition to be immediately accretive to its net income and contribute favorably to its target operating model.
“We are pleased to deliver the benefits of Huntsman’s complementary performance print materials and printers to our customers world-wide,” said Abe Reichental, President and CEO of 3D Systems. “This acquisition is consistent with our growth strategy, complements our technology and product portfolio, and is immediately accretive to our target operating model.”
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012