GUANGZHOU, China: ZWSOFT, a supplier of 2D and 3D CAD/CAM solutions to the AEC and MCAD industries, announced today the winners of its ZWCAD Design Contest 2011. This creative contest challenged architects, engineers, designers, and drafters from around the globe to use ZWCAD to design anything that they found interesting.
The result was a wide range of entries, from traditional 2D architectural drawings to a tiled photographic-like image. First place was awarded to Mutaz Alsidawi of Jordan for his virtual office building that resembled the ZWCAD logo. His prize was a US$500 gift card. You can view the entry at www.zwsoft.com/en/designcontest2011/winners.php.
Md. Hasnat Reza, a contest entrant from Bangladesh, placed third in the contest and won a US$100 Gift Card. “It's a great pleasure for me and I shall be very happy to work with ZWCAD further,” he said.
“This year's entries were much better than last year's,” said contest judge Ralph Grabowski, editor of upFront.eZine. “Some of the drawings were very sophisticated, and did a good job of showing off ZWCAD's capabilities in a variety of disciplines.” As for ZWCAD, he added, “The software is improving each year, and I like the emphasis of providing new features that are useful to drafters.”
“This is a good chance to get a sampling of how people are using the software,” said another judge, Raymond Kurland, president of TechniCom Group LLC. “It’s nice to see more complex designs, which I generally rated higher, such as the design by Ubon Suwannarueng. I like how the cross sections were placed, and the model’s realism.”
Our congratulations to all the winners and thanks to the hundreds of participants from around the world for making this contest a success! All the contest entrants, including the six winning entries, can be viewed at http://www.zwsoft.com/en/designcontest2011/gallery.php.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments