Lightworks, the world's leading supplier of rendering solutions for developers of advanced 3D computer graphics software, today announced that Sean Carnell is the winner of the latest Lightworks Image Competition.
Sean is based in New Zealand and has been working with CAD/CAM for over 20 years, predominantly within the product and process design and tooling sector. He is a long time user of NX software from Siemens PLM, and has won many awards over this time. He comments; "It has been a pleasure using the Lightworks technology within NX and it has been my go-to rendering engine for complex visuals with glass and metallic finish for many years." In his winning image of the 1954 Porsche 550 Spyder car, Sean’s skilled use of HDRI reflections situates the model visually in the scene and shows the curvature of the car body whilst the excellent definition of Lightworks materials used on the wheel hubs and windscreen and headlight covers provides an understated but believable representation of chrome plate and glass. Sean wins a top of the range Nikon D3100 camera for his outstanding image.
David Forrester, Managing Director at Lightworks, commented; "Sean’s image shows how low key lighting can be used to good effect within Lightworks and how simple but well lit scenery can really compliment the model. This stunning image is yet another example of the quality work that our users are able to create using our Lightworks technology."
The runner up in the competition was Romain Queslier who is based in France and who also uses Siemens NX software. Romain used the Image Based Lighting feature within NX 7.5 to light his image. He receives iTunes vouchers as his prize.
Entries are now being received for the next competition and Lightworks users are encouraged to send images in quickly for their chance to win another Nikon D3100!
To view the winning image as well as the runners up and highly commended entries, please go to the Competition Results page
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments