CIMdata’s 2011 China PLM Market Analysis Report Ranks PTC First in Direct Revenue for Mainstream PLM, cPDm and MCAD-DF.
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, today announced that for the second year in a row it has been ranked as the market share leader for mainstream PLM in China based on 2010 direct revenue according to leading independent global PLM management consulting and research firm CIMdata, Inc. This recognition, based on in-depth data and analysis of the PLM market in China, is detailed in CIMdata's 2011 China PLM Market Analysis Report.
The CIMdata report recognizes PTC as the top PLM supplier by direct revenue in China with its direct PLM revenues of $70 million USD in 2010 and as the supplier with the largest share by revenue (25.5%) of the collaborative Product Definition management (cPDm) market segment in 2010. PTC was also named the leading supplier of design-focused MCAD with a 27.9% share by revenue for 2010.
"PTC's success in the China market reflects the strength of its PLM solutions and their broad adoption in one of the world's fastest growing markets," said Peter Bilello, President, CIMdata. "PTC has a strong position in the Aerospace and the High-Tech industries, having won several contracts from large Chinese aircraft projects while growing its business in other key industries."
"It's gratifying to be ranked for the second year as one of China's leading PLM solution providers by CIMdata," said Liu Tong Long, senior vice president, PTC, China, "PTC has been investing in the development of its business in China for many years and is committed to delivering leading product lifecycle management solutions that enable our China customers achieve success in their product development initiatives."
The CIMdata report provides detailed information and in-depth analysis of China's "Mainstream PLM" market, which continues to outpace the growth of the global PLM market. CIMdata defines mainstream PLM as the subsectors of the PLM market that have traditionally been addressed by the major PLM solution suppliers. Some of these subsectors include collaborative Product Definition management (cPDm), mechanical computer aided design (CAD), engineering simulation and analysis, and digital manufacturing. The report additionally shares insight into trends and PLM market dynamics within the region along with the revenue performance of the leading PLM solution suppliers operating within China.
Oct 20, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets