AVEVA (LSE:AVV), a leader in engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries, today announced PDS Protek AS, has made a strategic investment in AVEVA PDMS, which will be used as the company’s preferred engineering design tool for work within the oil & gas industry.
Based in Haugesund, Norway, PDS Protek offers in-house engineering and consultancy services to the oil & gas industry, including Mechanical, Piping and Structural disciplines. AVEVA PDMS has become a de-facto industry standard used by Owner Operators and EPCs for support of major project and asset operations. With AVEVA PDMS, PDS Protek are able to offer the oil & gas industry more effective use of globally dispersed design teams, higher design efficiency and improved quality. Its team of engineers will all be trained within AVEVA PDMS enabling it to offer flexible design solutions across its portfolio of services.
'AVEVA PDMS is a key design tool that will enhance our services, which includes multi-discipline 3D CAD modelling/design. This opens up new opportunities for us', said Jørgen Knudsen, Market Manager at PDS Protek. 'We always seek to improve our knowledge and maintain a competitive edge within the industry. The AVEVA software and support are helping us to meet both our business and technical objectives'.
'Any product that can offer reduced site rework, shorter schedule times and clear identification of the cost of changes will always be a high priority for any company,' added Anders Holm, Account Manager, Sales North EMEA, AVEVA. 'By selecting an AVEVA Plant solution, PDS Protek can benefit from all these advantages with our proven 3D design software. The fact that PDMS is so widely used across the industry is not only an endorsement of AVEVA technology, but it offers new business opportunities for EPCs like PDS Protek to deliver design products in a format required by their customers'.
AVEVA PDMS is 3D design software that delivers maximum productivity and capability on all types of plant projects, from the smallest upgrade to new build projects of unlimited size and complexity.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting