Latest Version of Siemens PLM Software's Industry-Leading 3D Modeling Kernel Further Enhances Its Unparalleled Ability to Make it Easy for End Users to Execute Extremely Complex Operations.
Siemens PLM Software today announced the latest release of Parasolid® software, its industry-leading 3D geometric modeling component for computer-aided design, manufacturing and engineering analysis (CAD/CAM/CAE) as well as architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) applications.
Parasolid version 24.0 (V24) delivers a set of enhancements with an emphasis on adding advanced and intelligent techniques to enable success when performing long sequences of complex modeling operations. These sequences are often initiated from simple end-user commands in engineering workflows. When dealing with intricate 3D models, a single command may initiate hundreds of complex blending operations and local edit operations that the end-user may not be aware of. Typical examples could include removing all blends from an engine block before CAE analysis, or adjusting draft angles on a casting to optimize manufacturing.
By successfully completing these complex sequences, Parasolid V24 can significantly increase modelling productivity by eliminating the end-user tasks associated with skilful investigation of the 3D model, manual fixing of issues and re-attempting the command. Use of Parasolid V24 by software developers also allows for greatly simplified application development, enabling increased productivity and more robust outcomes.
“The enhancements in Parasolid V24 further expand its unmatched ability to make extremely difficult tasks appear easy to the end user,” said Paul Sicking, Chief Technology Officer, Siemens PLM Software. “These powerful capabilities are achieved by building on functionality that is broad, deep and robust in a way that no other component modeler can match. Parasolid V24 reflects Siemens PLM Software’s unwavering commitment to delivering superior and open component technologies that increase productivity for both the end-user and independent software vendor (ISV) communities.”
For more detailed information about specific enhancements in Parasolid V24 please visit www.siemens.com/plm/parasolid/v24.
Oct 20, 2011
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel