Team From REMEC Broadband Wireless Honored for Product Lifecycle Management Success.
Omnify Software, a leading provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software for electronic, medical, mechanical, and defense manufacturers, today announced that REMEC Broadband Wireless, a unique supplier of integrated microwave and millimeter wave subsystem solutions for the telecommunications market, was the recipient of the 2011 Omnify Software Customer Innovation Award presented during Omnify's 2011 PLM customer conference.
The Omnify Software Customer Innovation Award honors customers that have demonstrated the ability to maximize their use of the Omnify Empower PLM system. The 2011 Innovation Award was given to Vince Petrucci, Quality Assurance Manager, Karla Spitz, Drafting/Document Control Manager, and Michiel Van Meurs, IT Manager from REMEC Broadband Wireless.
The company first started using Empower PLM in order to synchronize local and remote manufacturing facilities with paperless capture of Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and integration with their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. The company most recently implemented a Quality Assurance program using the Omnify Empower Quality Management Module in order to manage quality items such as CARs/PARs (Corrective and Preventive Action Reports), FAIs (First Article Inspections), TDAs (Temporary Deviation Authorizations), FARs (Failure Analysis Reports), and Sales Order Verifications, in order to associate this data directly to the product record.
"We are very thankful to have received this award from Omnify Software," stated Michiel Van Meurs, IT Manager for REMEC Broadband Wireless. "From automated ECOs, BOMs and product documentation to Quality Assurance, the systems and processes we have developed with Empower PLM have become integral to our internal operations and have been extremely beneficial in running our business."
"We are pleased to honor REMEC Broadband Wireless with the 2011 Customer Innovation Award," stated Jack Rowntree, Chief Operating Officer for Omnify Software. "REMEC Broadband Wireless has demonstrated that they are innovators in the area of managing product design and development processes and they have capitalized on the features of Empower PLM to create processes that serve as a valuable corporate asset."
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers