SYSPRO, a developer of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for on-premise and cloud-based utilization, has announced that OMAX Corporation, a leading machinery and equipment manufacturer and provider of precision-engineered, computer-controlled, multi-axis (X-Y) abrasivejet systems for use in manufacturing environments, has chosen SYSPRO financials to interface with the company's custom, incumbent ERP solution. According to Dr. John Olsen, OMAX Vice President, growth forced the company to seek a new ERP solution to accommodate the company's complex multi-mode manufacturing operations.
OMAX, based in Kent, Washington, had been utilizing an off the shelf software solution; however, the system did not support their business specific unique requirements for lean manufacturing and was not fully integrated to the software's financials. After an installation failure of a competitive ERP solution, OMAX wrote off the "disaster," opting to build its own Web-based MRP solution – "Insight" – coupling it with an open and flexible financial systems solution. Following an extensive search, Omax opted for SYSPRO financials as the ideal fit.
Says Dr. Olsen, "Our Insight manufacturing software is integrated with SYSPRO financials via SYSPRO e.net. We simply run our in-house manufacturing software as Window ‘panes' within the SYSPRO accounting solution, so when we write purchase orders and sales orders in OMAX Insight, the data is passed onto SYSPRO accounting in real-time, providing the most current, up to date data to facilitate the most effective decision making and enhance customer service." Dr. Olsen notes, "The best-in-class technology foundation that SYSPRO offers coupled with SYSPRO e-.net solutions makes the integration of external systems into SYSPRO seamless."
About OMAX Coporation
OMAX Corporation is the leading provider of precision-engineered, computer-controlled, multi-axis (X-Y) abrasivejet systems for use in manufacturing environments. OMAX, established in 1993, revolutionized the industry by creating the OMAX JetMachining Center, the first truly affordable system to offer abrasivejet capabilities with consistent, precision results.
OMAX machines are constantly evolved to meet the diverse and changing needs of manufacturers with every innovation developed as a retrofit, so each OMAX customer is able to benefit, no matter how old their equipment. The OMAX JetMachining Centers are sold through a well-established and growing network of distributors. In September 1999, OMAX moved into its Kent, Washington, manufacturing facility and corporate headquarters. The 2.2 acre building enables the company to consolidate sales, marketing, engineering, and manufacturing facilities under one roof.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio