Mastercam's new Port Expert add-on creates accurate, efficient engine cylinder head porting toolpaths on port surface or solid data. Port Expert uses a lollipop tool, and has collision checks for the entire tool (shank, arbor, and holder).
There are multiple cutting options available with Port Expert. You can:
- Cut only the top
- Cut only the bottom
- Specify how much stock to leave on the entire port
The Port Expert toolpaths use 3-axis machining as far into the port as possible, and then convert automatically to 5-axis motion with minimum tilt. This leaves no fishtails or inefficient reverse moves, and smoothly transitions where the toolpaths meet at the middle of the port.
Port Expert provides both roughing and finishing toolpaths to make ports from castings or billets. And, since Port Expert can support unlimited surfaces, the geometry can be made of multiple surfaces that are stitched together.
Additional features of Port Expert include:
- Port Expert automatically calculates optimal tilt angles so there is no need to split the surface or create tool axis control splines.
- Port Expert creates toolpaths on triangulated or stitched surfaces—a one-piece surface is not necessary.
- Mastercam’s simulation proceeds step-by-step through the toolpath, even showing you the motion used in transition at the middle of the port.
- Mastercam generates 5-axis code that can run any CNC machine.
For more information on Mastercam Port Expert, or to see a video, please visit http://www.mastercammill.com/portexpert.html.
Oct 18, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers