Partnership will see the integration of MapleSim models with the VI-CarRealTime framework.
Maplesoft™ and VI-grade announced a partnership that brings together the modeling strengths of both companies, enabling users to increase the scope of their solutions and improve the flexibility of their design models. The partnership will see the integration of MapleSim™ models with the VI-CarRealTime framework.
MapleSim is an advanced physical modeling and simulation tool built on a foundation of symbolic computation technology. It efficiently handles all of the complex mathematics involved in the development of engineering models, including multi-domain systems, plant modeling, and control design. VI-CarRealTime provides a fully validated real-time vehicle simulation environment that can be used by automotive engineers to optimize vehicle designs and control system performance. By using VI-CarRealTime, Vehicle Dynamics engineers can also perform large Design of Experiments (DOE) and multi-objective optimization studies quickly and easily.
The VI-CarRealTime environment provides a readily available full-vehicle model that allows MapleSim users to easily implement their subsystem models without having to build the vehicle model themselves. Also, vehicle chassis parameters are transferred directly from ADAMS/Car™ into VI-CarRealTime, thus providing a way of rapidly integrating ADAMS/Car models with multi-domain system models from MapleSim. MapleSim allows VI-Grade costumers to rapidly develop detailed models of their own vehicle subsystems and replace the default subsystem models in VI-CarRealTime with these models. In this way, the effect of dynamic behavior of that subsystem on the whole vehicle can be assessed and incorporated into the complete HIL application.
“VI-CarRealTime provides users with an open structure that allows for subsystems to be easily replaced by customized MapleSim models,” said Jim Cooper, President and CEO, Maplesoft. “The combination of the two technologies will speed up users’ real-time model development processes, and provide significant savings in cost.”
“MapleSim provides an intuitive multi-domain physical modeling environment that allows VI-grade customers to rapidly develop much more detailed models than before, and automatically generate real-time capable C code of the models,” said Juergen Fett, Managing Director, VI-grade. “The only other way to do this is to hand-craft the code, which is time-consuming, error-prone, and costly.”
VI-grade customers will hear more about the exciting possibilities from this partnership at the 4th VI-grade Users' Conference in Tavagnacco (UD), Italy, on October 18th and 19th, 2011.
Oct 17, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- SolidWorks Software Helps Bring a 30 Year Dream to Life; Re-creation of U.S.S. Missouri