Appointment emphasizes company's focus on service business in engineering software development.
Novosibirsk, Russia: LEDAS Ltd., a leading provider of technology-intensive services for engineering software companies, announced today the appointment of Alexey Ershov as its new chief executive officer. Mr Ershov replaces Dmitry Ushakov, who stepped down to become CEO of the newly established Bricsys Technologies Russia.
Alexey Ershov, 32, began with LEDAS in 1999 as a software developer and quickly progressed to the position of project manager, and then chief technology officer. In this time, Mr Ershov proved his abilities by becoming a key software developer, and then project manager for LEDAS development services, in which CAD/CAM vendors contract their programming work to LEDAS on a long-term basis.
With the assignment of Mr. Ershov, LEDAS announced other changes to its management team. See ledas.com/group/team for further details. Mr Ushakov continues as a member of the board of LEDAS.
“Alexey’s rich experience in working with different customers on a variety of projects, and his commitment to helping people succeed professionally, make him the right executive to lead our company,” said Dmitry Ushakov. “LEDAS is a recognized worldwide service provider in the field of CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM software development. Over the last year, I’ve witnessed LEDAS achieving great things, including a significant growth in revenue that resulted from an increased customer base and selling the part of business related to component technologies.
“Leaving my current role to head the newly established Bricsys Technologies Russia,” he continued, “I look forward to working with the LEDAS team. My plan is to extend the success of my former company by combining forces with Bricsys, a global provider of .dwg-based engineering software for 3D modeling.”
“I am confident that Alexey’s engineering skills and management and business expertise will keep LEDAS on its successful course of sustained growth,” added David Levin, chairman of the board, and co-founder of LEDAS. “This business update will enable us to significantly expand our firm’s leadership in providing high-quality software development services for vendors of engineering software.”
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel