Lattice Technology® Inc., the standard for technical communication and digital mock up software in the manufacturing enterprise, today announced the release of XVL Converter for 3ds Max version 5.0.
XVL Converters are used to convert 3D CAD and design data into XVL so that it can be easily used for process design, digital mock up, authored into manufacturing documentation, and so on.
XVL, an ultra lightweight 3D format, offers the industry’s best 3D compression with no loss of accuracy enabling data to be rapidly used, shared and viewed even on lower specification PCs. XVL Converters can be delivered as plug-ins directly into CAD software, or as server applications that can be integrated with PLM or other systems.
XVL Converter for 3ds Max is a plug-in for 3ds Max that enables the user to import and export XVL files from within the application. It also enables the user to create XVL files that include animations authored in 3ds Max. It achieves breakthrough compression by expressing the model as ultra-compressed 3D surfaces that represent the original model surfaces with high accuracy.
XVL Converter for 3ds Max version 5.0 supports 3ds Max 2012 and 3ds Max Design 2012.
Oct 25, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets