aPriori, a provider of product cost management software solutions, today announced that after only eight months of use, Ingersoll Rand, a world leader in creating and sustaining safe, comfortable and efficient environments, has chosen to significantly expand its deployment of aPriori’s software platform to all businesses within Ingersoll Rand. The aPriori software provides Ingersoll Rand with detailed product cost visibility throughout its entire product development process.
According to a recent report by Aberdeen Group, Using Cost Analytics to Keep Engineering on Schedule and Budget, best-in-class manufacturing companies enjoy significant advantages over their peers when it comes to reducing product costs, meeting product quality targets and releasing products on time. Aberdeen attributes this advantage primarily to increased visibility to cost drivers within engineering and beyond in these companies and the improved decision making that results from it.
aPriori’s Product Cost Management software platform provides Ingersoll Rand design, engineering and sourcing personnel with real-time product cost information at a detailed level. This helps them identify quantifiable savings when evaluating alternative designs, manufacturing processes and supply chain sources so they can attack cost at the point of origin where it yields the greatest possible impact on product cost reduction.
“The rapid success of aPriori at Ingersoll Rand is clear evidence of the extremely strong return on investment that our product cost management platform delivers,” said Stephanie Feraday, aPriori’s president and chief executive officer. “Most users find that aPriori is very intuitive, and they can be productive in a matter of days or weeks. As the product cost savings start adding up, the management team quickly realizes that they can save significant sums of money if they get the tool in the hands of everyone that makes decisions impacting product cost.”
Oct 18, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers