The PLMIG announces that the Institution of Mechanical Engineers will host the next workshop in the PLM Standardisation series at the IMechE Headquarters in London on December 01-02.
"PLM is starting to become a key business tool as it enables a holistic approach to product development." says Philippa Oldham, Head of Transport and Manufacturing at the IMechE. "PLM not only manages the processes but can manage the data, people and business systems. The Institution of Mechanical Engineers believes that PLM is an important tool to be incorporated within businesses to ensure that the processes are lean, cost effective and driving out waste, while still maintaining high quality to produce a product fulfilling a market need."
Partnership with the IMechE creates a number of new opportunities that have not been part of the series so far, and whose effects go far beyond the confines of the event itself. One of the biggest is to create a clear relationship between a professional industry body and the whole subject of PLM. A lot of companies may become more aware of PLM as a serious subject and, in following this lead, will find it easier to adopt PLM as a result.
Many of the underlying problems in PLM are due to the lack of clear national or industry-wide guidance to show the best ways of adoption and implementation. User companies have also been seeking a common voice to influence how the PLM industry develops via supplier roadmapping and delivery.
Participation in the London Workshop will help shape this process, and lay the foundations for improvements that may be carried forward by other institutions around the world.
For more information, see the PLMIG web site or contact Roger Tempest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012