Catalog Data Solutions (CDS), a leading provider of online solutions for industrial suppliers, has published a case study (download it from www.catalogdatasolutions.com) that explains how Tompkins Industries identified their challenges, chose and implemented a thoroughly up-to-date solution and achieved amazing results, including generating over 17,000 “sales ready” leads in the last year.
Tompkins Industries, an industrial supplier of hydraulic adapters and fluid power products, recognized that the buying process had changed because of technology. In response they have used the latest ‘Cloud-based’ (SaaS) technology. “We changed our sales process to adapt to and effectively take advantage of the new buying process and our customers use of CAD,” said Bill Hartman, National Sales Manager, Tompkins Industries. “We now have a more efficient sales process in which time and number of contacts to close the sale are respectively shorter and less. CAD downloads are now a primary driver for our sales lead generation, providing tons of ‘sales ready’ leads on a daily basis for our sales team and distributors.”
“We’re delighted that the CDS CAD download solution is proving so successful for Tompkins Industries,” said John Major, CEO Catalog Data Solutions. “As Bill and his team recognized the industrial buying process has changed, designers now research and select products online. To ensure they are in contention, suppliers’ online content needs to influence that online research by being readily found and intuitively searchable using the industrial parameters of the designer and then downloadable for direct inclusion within a CAD model. Of the many types of online marketing content (e.g. white papers, case studies, brochures, videos, demos, recorded webinars, reviews, CAD model downloads, etc.) only one is known to lead to a sale nearly 50% of the time! CAD downloads may be the most efficient online marketing tool available.”
Catalog Data Solutions helps industrial suppliers and distributors grow sales and strengthen customer loyalty through interactive online catalogs, ecommerce, 3D CAD model delivery and product configurator solutions.
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012