Geometric Ltd. (BSE: 532312, NSE: GEOMETRIC), announced the appointment of Mr. Arvind Kakar as the Chief Financial Officer and Global Head, Finance & Accounts effective October 7, 2011. Mr. Kakar has over 21 years of experience in the finance industry across multiple verticals like healthcare, financial services, and manufacturing industry; and will be responsible for the company's worldwide financial planning and analysis, legal, and administration.
Announcing the appointment, Mr. Manu Parpia, MD & CEO, Geometric said, “We are very pleased to welcome Arvind to the senior management team. We have embarked on a journey to transform our Company through improvements in internal productivity and accelerating growth. His financial acumen and experience will be of vital assistance in helping us achieve our targets”.
Prior to joining Geometric, Mr. Kakar served as the CFO of Max Healthcare Institute Limited, and had also worked with Tata Finance, Max India, and Hero Honda Motors. In his previous roles, Mr. Kakar has been instrumental in driving a number of initiatives in strategic planning and analysis, cost control initiatives, capital and revenue budgeting, working capital management, as well as investor relations. Mr. Arvind Kakar is a Chartered Accountant and holds a bachelor’s degree in commerce from Delhi University. Mr. Kakar said, “Engineering services outsourcing is at an inflection point for accelerated growth, which will give specialists like Geometric that are already in this space a decided edge. I look forward to being a part of this evolution.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets