Automotive leader to leverage real-time cost analysis software to help reduce product and tooling expense.
aPriori, a provider of product cost management software solutions, today announced that Ford Motor Company, one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world, has selected the aPriori software platform to help drive down product and tooling costs. The software will provide Ford’s engineering and sourcing teams with detailed cost analysis as they consider options in product design, manufacturing and process. Ford selected aPriori after a six month evaluation.
“aPriori enables users to generate detailed cost estimates from a 3D solid CAD model in seconds with minimal input from the end user,” said Stephanie Feraday, president and CEO of aPriori. “This capability is becoming more and more critical for manufacturers like Ford that are looking to provide their customers with the highest possible value in their products. Providing design and tooling engineers with visibility to potentially expensive design or manufacturing challenges early on, reduces the need to re-engineer products late in the design cycle when it is much more costly.”
aPriori software and services generate hard-dollar product cost savings for discrete manufacturing and product innovation companies. Using aPriori’s real-time product cost assessments, employees in engineering, sourcing and manufacturing make more-informed decisions that drive costs out of products pre- and post-production. With aPriori, manufacturers launch products at cost targets, maximize savings in re-work projects and never overpay for sourced parts.
Oct 21, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers