New features like the Live Color Scan for point clouds inspection, Shortcuts and the Easy Move Wizard improve every process where measuring or scanning are needed.
FARO Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: FARO), the world’s leading provider of portable measurement and imaging solutions, announces the release of CAM2 Measure 10, its new measuring software for the FaroArm, ScanArm and FARO Laser Tracker.
CAM2 Measure 10 marks FARO’s return to the successful family of CAM2 Measure software products. This new release is built on the solid foundation of the previous CAM2 Q while also introducing key new features like Live Color Scan for point cloud inspection, Shortcuts and the Easy Move Wizard. These innovative functionalities are designed to improve your measurement processes, whether tactile or scanning, and make CAM2 Measure 10 the first choice in portable measurement software.
The Live Color Scan feature adds point cloud inspection support to the already outstanding geometry measurement functionality. Thanks to this new feature, CAM2 Measure 10 users can quickly scan freeform parts using the FARO ScanArm just as easily as they are measuring geometry with a tactile probe. Only in a few steps they can complete a scanning inspection, viewing live color information on their parts as they scan.
Another time-saving feature of the new release is Shortcuts. This new feature allows users to create new commands to measure features that are only available through combining measurements and constructions. Shortcuts enable you to record all steps of a complex measurement into a single command that can later be accessed with a single mouse click.
The Easy Move Wizard is a great assistance for measuring large parts when the need to reposition the device is often necessary to complete a measurement. The complexity of finding the correct target correspondence is taken away from the operator, cutting down on the time required for the repositioning and, at the same time, removing the risk of human error.
Designed to make tactile and scanning measurements easier, CAM2 Measure 10 also features an elegant and intuitive interface that enables users to customize the layout window optimizing the measurement workflow.
“To further increase the productivity of our existing and potential customers we developed a new software solution which combines new outstanding, useful and unique features with an unparalleled ease of use. The new CAM2 Measure 10 will bring the measuring and scanning processes to a new level of efficiency”, stated Antonio Carvalho, Director of Software Product Management at FARO.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments