Engineered Software, Inc. CEO, Chief Engineer and Author, Ray Hardee, P.E. has been asked to present a technical brief for the 31st Annual Business Meeting for the Society of Piping Engineers & Designers (SPED) in Houston, Texas. Hardee will be presenting a three-hour program on Centrifugal Pumps for Pipers at 1:00-4:00 PM on October 28, 2011.
This year’s presenters were chosen based on their expertise in each particular area. The eight topics are Instrumentation, P&IDs, Valves for Pipers, Fabrication, Hangers and Supports, Pressure Vessels, Centrifugal Pumps, and Inspectability. SPED was created to promote the profession of piping design and during this event, up to 12 Professional Development Hours may be earned.
“This annual business meeting is a great opportunity for individuals in the piping design industry to come together, discuss the state of the industry and attend reasonable priced training,” said Ray Hardee, CEO and Chief Engineer at Engineered Software, Inc. “The organizers of this event have taken great care to provide information on topics that will truly benefit those in the industry. It’s training they can take back and apply immediately to their jobs or their resumes.”
Hardee, who’s book “Piping System Fundamentals: The Complete Guide to Gaining A Clear Picture of Your Piping System” has sold over 1,800 copies, has also given over 1,000 presentations on fluid piping around the world. He has also served as member to numerous ASME and Hydraulic Institute committees and panels contributing in writing new industry standards. Hardee’s presentation will discuss the tips and techniques of pump selection and proper piping for lowest operational and maintenance costs.
“We sought out hard to find information and tracked down the leading experts and asked them to teach you what they know,” says William G. Beazley, PhD, Executive Director of SPED. “This type of program, just for pipers, has never happened before. SPED has created a high-return professional development, tailored to [their] needs at a reasonable cost.”
MORE EVENT DETAILS
EVENT: 2011 SPED Technical Briefs
PRESENTATION: Centrifugal Pumps for Pipers
WHERE: Houston Marriott Energy Corridor
WHEN: 1:00 -4:00 PM Friday, October 28,
Full Event Runs October 27-28, 2011
Oct 18, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets