Product designer Mr. Eiji Shibata won a Good Design Award for the design of TRINITY DRIVE’s handbike. Designed with Vectorworks, this handbike is a big hit in Japan and has been featured on a variety of TV programs, as it realizes a physically challenged person’s dream of riding a stylish bike and moving comfortably around town.
After testing the original concept with physically challenged persons, the design was modified and the weight of the bike was reduced. As a matter of fact, our own CEO, Sean Flaherty, had the opportunity to test drive the bike while visiting A&A, our Japanese distributor, last year.
Congratulations to Mr. Eiji Shibata for designing products that are truly making an impact on peoples’ lives.
If you are interested, check out his book about visualizations, VW Designs, which introduces the idea of using CAD to inspire design ideas.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments