Delcam will show new versions of its PowerMILL and FeatureCAM CAM systems at the Fakuma exhibition for plastics processing to be held in Friedrichshafen, Germany, from 18th to 22nd October. PowerMILL is Delcam’s software for high-speed and five-axis machining and so provides the ideal system for companies making larger and more complex tooling, while FeatureCAM offers fast and easy-to-use, feature-based programming, making it perfect for companies that manufacture simpler moulds or that need to produce prototype tooling in the shortest possible lead times.
The 2012 version of PowerMILL includes a number of new strategies, together with more general enhancements to make programming faster and machining more efficient with the best-possible surface finish. The most important of these new options is flowline machining. With flowline machining, the toolpath is divided between a pair of drive curves in a constant number of passes, rather than having a varying number of passes with a constant stepover. This approach gives a better surface finish on the part and minimizes wear on the cutter and the machine tool.
FeatureCAM 2012 includes a range of enhancements that give faster and easier programming, and produce more efficient toolpaths to give greater machine productivity. Two new strategies are available – back boring and spiral roughing. Back boring allows more parts to be completed in a single set-up, with larger bores able to be produced on the reverse side of the part. Spiral roughing can be used instead of Z-level roughing. It uses a single continuous toolpath instead of a series of levels and so gives a smoother finish with no dwell marks.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012