Creaform, leader in portable 3D optical measurement technologies, is thrilled to introduce the new and innovative Pipecheck software and its Pipeline External Corrosion module. This fast and accurate software solution has been developed to work with the Handyscan 3D truly portable handheld laser scanners.
"The introduction in 2005 of the first Handyscan 3D scanner has completely revolutionized the face of 3D surface acquisition and modeling. We are convinced that Pipecheck will do just the same by greatly and positively impacting the ways of doing of the non-destructive testing (NDT) and pipeline inspection industries, said Pierre-Hugues Allard, business development manager at Creaform. This is a new market for us, and we are eager to introduce our technologies and software and show to which extent they can help in reducing inspection time and costs for pipeline operators."
Pipecheck's Highlights and Key Functionalities
Pipecheck's Pipeline External Corrosion module offers very fast, efficient and streamlined data processing that actually generates instant, on-site results following ASME B31G code regulations. Scanning speed can be more than 10 times faster than with the conventional pit gauge technique, and data can be verified in real time during the acquisition. Most important of all, results show increased accuracy and repeatability and are generated in Excel format on-site and within a few minutes.
· Automated interaction rules
· 3D color mapping with river-bottom path overlay
· Worst case profile
· Estimated burst pressure calculations using methods based on ASME B31G code
(B31G, B31G Modified and Effective Area methods)
· Corrosion depth measurement, dimensions and positions on the pipe
· Automatic alignment of 3D scan reference model with pipeline GPS coordinates
· "Thickness-on-the-fly": simply drag mouse over point to get remaining thickness measurement
· Unwrapping of 3D view to 2D plane
· 2D sections generation in both axis
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel