CAD Model Downloads Speed up Gearmotor and Reducer Sales Cycles.
Catalog Data Solutions (CDS), a leading provider of online solutions for industrial suppliers, has published a case study (view it at www.catalogdatasolutions.com) that explains how Brother International identified their challenges, chose and implemented a thoroughly up-to-date solution and achieved amazing results including seeing a faster sales cycle within the first few months.
“The products being promoted through the CDS solutions are Brother's Mini, Water Resistant Mini, Mid and F3 Series Gearmotors and Reducers designed in response to the industrial demand for smaller, lighter, more reliable, and energy efficient power transmission The CDS solution has been an overwhelming success – it’s now much easier for designers to narrow down their search to the right product quickly and immediately find and download the associated CAD model,” said Garett Dorman, National Operations Manager, Brother. ”Customer feedback has been extremely positive, they say it’s easy to find and get everything one place. Overall we’re delighted with the models CDS built for us, the ease of use of the parametric product search and CAD download experience for our customers as well as the flexibility, adaptability and support we receive from CDS. With the first few months we’ve generated 2-3 new small-medium sized OEMs. We don’t usually get designed-in that quickly so we are already seeing a faster sales cycle.”
“We’re delighted that the CDS CAD download solution is proving so successful for Brother,” said John Major, CEO Catalog Data Solutions. “As Garett and his team recognized the industrial sourcing and buying process has changed, designers now research and select products online. To ensure they are in contention, suppliers’ online content needs to influence that online research by being readily found and intuitively searchable using the industrial parameters of the designer and then downloadable for direct inclusion within a CAD model. Of the many types of online marketing content (e.g. white papers, case studies, brochures, videos, demos, recorded webinars, reviews, CAD model downloads, etc.) only one is known to lead to a sale nearly 50% of the time! CAD downloads may be the most efficient online marketing tool available.”
Catalog Data Solutions helps industrial suppliers and distributors grow sales and strengthen customer loyalty through interactive online catalogs, ecommerce, 3D CAD model delivery and product configurator solutions.
Oct 25, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting