AVEVA (LSE:AVV), a leader in engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries, has released AVEVA Engineering, a new product where the full definition of tagged engineering items (equipment, lines etc.) can be developed by multi-disciplinary teams of specialist engineers working concurrently.
Users can benefit from more effective management, control and exploitation of data, as well as a reduced impact of change on cost, schedule, quality and risk as changes can be implemented quickly and communicated effectively. A wider range of data inconsistencies can be detected during design, enabling increased design quality and reduced risk of costly late design changes and associated rework.
Using a proven and scalable database approach, AVEVA Engineering delivers the concurrent, multi-discipline, multi-user working environment required across project engineering teams on typical plant and marine projects. Advanced technology allows this process to take place in a manner where each discipline retains full control of its part of the information relating to any item.
With an accessible user interface based on Microsoft® Office Fluent™, including built-in spreadsheet-style tools, AVEVA Engineering is highly configurable, incorporating a powerful programming language (PML) and .NET APIs. This allows customer/industry customisations and automations to be applied quickly and effectively. In-built status control gives engineers better visibility of the quality of information as they work. Compare and update utilities enable data to be compared against information held in other systems and selectively updated as required, making data alignment easier and faster.
“AVEVA Engineering offers project engineers the opportunity for new levels of integrated working. Our Integrated Engineering and Design approach improves project efficiency and reduces engineering and design costs”, said Bob Aldridge, Head of Business Management for Engineering & Schematics, AVEVA. “AVEVA Engineering offers unrivalled opportunities for integrated Schematics, Engineering and 3D working, enabling new and more effective working practices to be introduced”.
The product can be configured to suit a wide range of project, customer and industry requirements within the plant, power and marine industries. It is built on AVEVA’s proven AVEVA PDMS & Outfitting technology and seamlessly links with AVEVA Global for collaborative multi-site project execution.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program