Named Leading Supplier of Process Engineering Tools by ARC.
Rio De Janeiro: AVEVA (LSE:AVV), a leader in engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries announced today it has successfully expanded within the Latin America region with recent significant customer wins and 60 full time staff as it continues its rapid growth.
“Latin American is a key growth area for AVEVA. The engineering software market is a significant outperformer. We very much see ourselves as key players in that success”, said Richard Longdon, CEO, AVEVA. “We have won many new customers in the region including the recently announced Promon Engenharia and SETAL Óleo e Gás”.
With a focus on Oil & Gas, AVEVA has worked with the engineering community in Brazil on pre-salt discovery and has seen a significant share of new projects for design tools which include AVEVA PDMS, AVEVA’s flagship 3D engineering software become the bestselling within in Brazil. ARC Advisory Group in its 2010 report entitled, ‘Process Engineering Tools Worldwide Outlook’, named AVEVA the Leading Supplier of Process Engineering Tools for Engineering Design in Latin America.
The region is managed by Santiago Pena, who is based in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, AVEVA’s official Latin American headquarters. The office was opened in October 2008 as a wholly owned entity, with AVEVA having operated there since 1998. It has become the hub for AVEVA’s Latin American expansion in a year that saw one further office opened in Bogota, Colombia. AVEVA staff are also based in Chile, Perú and Mexico, with sales and support for the region as a whole. There are plans for further expansion in the near future.
Santiago Pena, VP AVEVA Latin America added, “We recognise the highly specialised software industry in which we work and this is reflected in our recruitment drive across the region. We have achieved rapid growth in Latin America, particularly Brazil. We now have 60 staff in the region. Our plans clearly demonstrate our commitment to the region both for our customers and employees as well as the industries in which we serve”.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel