Technology developed at LEDAS brings new value to customers of ASCON's award-winning KOMPAS-3D MCAD software.
ASCON, the leading Russian CAD vendor and developer of KOMPAS-3D modeling software, and LEDAS Ltd., the leading service provider in the field of engineering software development, today jointly announced their cooperative implementation of state-of-the-art variational direct modeling technology in KOMPAS-3D.
Upon the completion of the project in 2012, KOMPAS-3D users will be able to import and modify history-free 3D models in a manner almost as simple and flexible as with native models created in KOMPAS-3D. Users will be able to add geometric and dimensional constraints (parallelism, perpendicularity, distance, angle, and so on) to the model without maintaining a history, which enables them to make changes to the 3D model using only constraints.
The project began three months ago at LEDAS by a team of highly-qualified software engineers who have previously implemented variational direct modeling in software products such as SketchUp, RhinoWorks, and Bricscad V12. Some first results of the project are shown in the video available here.
“I’m very impressed with what I have seen so far, three months after starting the project,” said Maxim Bogdanov, CEO of ASCON. “The pace of development is very good. As a result of the work done by LEDAS and Bricsys, we will provide our customers with new functions in our award-winning KOMPAS-3D MCAD software, which is widely recognized in Russia and abroad.”
“ASCON is a very important customer to us,” added Alexey Ershov, CEO of LEDAS. “Our many years of experience in working with CAD and CAM vendors as exacting as Dassault Systemes, Bricsys, Cimatron, and JETCAM helps us complete projects on time, and so bring new value to ASCON customers.”
“Transferring IP rights from LEDAS to Bricsys will not affect this project,” said Erik de Keyser, CEO of Bricsys. “We are glad to see ASCON among the many CAD vendor-licensees of the brilliant component technology we recently acquired from LEDAS.”
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers