Use of Crowdsourcing and Co-creation in the Development of Next Generation PLM Solutions Will Drive the Future of the PLM Industry.
Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today anounced the ongoing expansion of the Aras Community Project Site at www.aras.com/projects. The enhancements expand the use of open innovation techniques in the development of the Aras open source PLM solutions. New functionality enables ideation through crowdsourcing along with enhanced abilities for PLM solution co-creation, giving enterprise PLM architects, corporate IT organizations, Aras partners and other Community Members worldwide the ability to participate.
The purpose of the Aras Community project site, which is powered by the Aras Innovator PLM platform, is to provide an online area where user-driven innovation can occur. The new capabilities being announced include the ability to submit ideas for PLM solution projects, vote on ideas, add reviews and participate in discussions about ongoing solution projects, as well as improved site navigation, search, viewing and software download functionality.
Future project site enhancements will include the ability to claim ownership of project ideas, assemble private project teams and participate in secure collaborative development using either open public areas or “invitation only” restricted areas.
The introduction of functionality for PLM solution ideation and self-sufficient collaborative development further underscore Aras’s leadership role in redefining the PLM market.
“We understand that the next generation of innovation in PLM will come from the millions of people around the world that use PLM software every day. We are creating an environment where those people can participate by contributing ideas, sharing best practices and taking action to transform their businesses. We want to enable companies to innovate anywhere, anytime. It just makes sense,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras.
Oct 19, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio