Session will focus on reducing the complexity of aligning today’s development and production processes by integrating manufacturing operations with engineering design.
Who: Frederick L. Thomas, Industry Director at Apriso, will offer a manufacturing perspective on how to think globally when integrating manufacturing operations with engineering design.
What: The theme for this year’s conference is the escalating complexity of PLM and the challenge of achieving cross-disciplinary integration across multiple functional domains at all levels of detail. The growing use of digital manufacturing processes, whereby physical parts are created directly from 3D CAD files or data, is a topic gaining great interest. The need to accelerate new product introductions by streamlining every point in your manufacturing operations is another. Supporting this effort is the strategy of effectively connecting Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions to the global shop floor via modern, enterprise Manufacturing Execution Systems.
Where: Product Lifecycle Management Road Map™ 2011 conference, to be held at The Inn at St. John’s, 44045 Five Mile Road, Plymouth, Michigan. Mr. Thomas will be part of “The Payoff and Challenges of Mechatronics and Digital Manufacturing” discussion panel. Register for this event by telephone (800) 573-4756 or online. See a detailed agenda here.
When: Panel discussion occurs on Wednesday, October 5, 2011, at 11:00AM EDT.
Apriso is a software company dedicated to helping its customers transform their global manufacturing operations. It does so by enabling manufacturers to achieve and sustain manufacturing excellence while adapting quickly and easily to market changes. Apriso's FlexNet is a BPM platform-based software solution for global manufacturing operations management. Apriso supports global continuous improvement by delivering visibility into, control over and synchronization across manufacturing and the product supply network. Apriso serves nearly 200 customers in 40+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa. Customers include GM, Volvo CE, Honeywell, L'Oréal, Trixell, Lockheed Martin, Bombardier, Textron Systems, MBDA, Saint-Gobain and Essilor.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets