Oxford, Michigan: Alcove9 LLC is a new venture that offers advanced search solutions for engineering and manufacturing companies in all industry verticals. The company’s flagship product, also known as Alcove9, already has a long history of success and customer service in the critical field of search engine software. It is a third generation scalable search technology built on an open source platform that is capable of searching tens of millions of documents, drawings and images belonging to thousands of users. It officially launches on October 17th at www.alcove9.com.
The company’s new president, Dr. Sam Abu-Hamdan, takes the helm after a distinguished career at Tata Technologies (formerly: INCAT) where he led the aerospace and defense team in North America. He has an extensive background in PLM solution architecture and CAD/CAM. Prior to his career at Tata Technologies, Abu-Hamdan worked as an engineering design and analysis consultant in the automotive industry. Abu-Hamdan received his B.S. and M.S. degrees in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from Oklahoma State University and he earned his Ph.D. in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
“One of the things that prompted me to launch Alcove9 is my passion for providing users with software that actually works for them,” said Abu-Hamdan. “Throughout my career I have seen how frustrated users become when implementing new software initiatives. The Alcove9 software eliminates that frustration. I wanted to ensure that the investment the customer makes is something that works for them. In fact, I feel so strongly about this, that it became our company tagline: “Investing in software that works for you.””
ALCOVE9 – THE COMPANY AND THE PRODUCT
Alcove9 LLC offers advanced search solutions for engineering and manufacturing companies in all industry sectors. Alcove9 LLC has significant experience in CAD/CAM, PLM, ERP and ECM systems.
The current iteration of Alcove9 provides a simple solution that helps individuals and companies to decrease the daily challenges and frustrations of accessing and viewing product data that may exist in multiple and disparate repositories, applications or content formats.
Alcove9 provides browser-based access along with powerful discovery and analysis tools. These tools include a familiar format that allows the user to categorize and classify searches by preference and ease of retrieval.
Alcove9 uses an open source foundation coupled with mature functionality and features to deliver a highly scalable, flexible and secure search solution that allows companies to reduce license fees, improve design reuse and increase productivity. Implementation is simple and non-disruptive because data doesn’t have to be cleaned, preconditioned or reorganized.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio