3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD) today announced the availability of single piece, extra-large QuickCast® patterns through 3Dproparts™. In connection with this service, the company recently exhibited a 59 inch long energy generation turbine blade that was manufactured on the company’s iPro™ 9000XL SLA® production 3D printer using Accura® CastPro™, a specially engineered casting material, at the Investment Casting Institute’s recent Technical Conference and Expo in Covington, Kentucky.
3Dproparts™ is a 3D Systems custom parts service that provides complete design to manufacturing services. With a full array of traditional, as well as additive manufacturing solutions, complemented by highly experienced project managers and application know-how, 3Dproparts™ helps its customers produce metal and plastic parts, quickly and affordably.
“3Dproparts™ delivers high resolution, extremely accurate parts and precision master patterns up to 59” X 29” X 22” that are printed on our fleet of iPro™ 9000XL SLA® production printers,” said Greg Elfering, Director of Sales and Marketing, for 3D Systems. “For years customers and foundries have relied on our proprietary QuickCast® process to deliver on-demand, accurate patterns. Now much larger parts can be produced from concept-to-pattern in days, instead of months, with 3Dproparts™.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets