First Contest Celebrates 'Clean Up the World Weekend'.
GUANGZHOU, China - To help preserve our environment and to celebrate Clean Up the World Weekend 2011, ZWSOFT announces the first ZW3D Environmental Design Contest 2011.
ZWSOFT is asking students and professionals to create designs with its ZW3D modeling software, designing something that highlights the vision and mission of Clean Up the World. Examples of 3D models could include industrial and home sweepers, computer cleaning devices, effective mops and wringer buckets, and any other creatively-designed device for cleaning up our world. The contest runs from September 16 through to November 15, 2011.
“Our contest supports Clean Up the World Weekend, which takes place this year on September 16,” said Truman Du, CEO of ZWSOFT. “By designing cleaning objects, we hope to inspire community members to protect the environment. In light of this, we will judge the entries based on sustainability, aesthetics, creativity, and manufacturability.”
The judges panel consists of Jeff Rowe, Editorial Director of MCADCafe; Colin Lin, ZW3D Technical Manager of ZWSOFT; and Mike Lynch, ZW3D Technical Expert. To enter, participants can visit the contest’s Web page at www.zwsoft.com/en/zw3dcontest2011, and then register for membership. Submit your designs, and invite friends to vote for them!
There will be three winners selected after the contest closes:
One winner with the largest number of peer votes receives a new Apple iPhone 5.
Two winners selected by the panel of judges receive an Apple iPad 2.
About Clean Up the World
Clean Up the World is a global campaign whose aim is to inspire and empower communities to clean up and fix up their environment, thereby conserving it. Each year, the campaign's flagship event is celebrated around the world on the third weekend of September. Clean Up the World encourages everyone to take part in clean-up activities all year around. www.cleanuptheworld.org
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets