Trimble's QuickPen AutoBid SheetMetal Estimating Solution Enables HVAC Sheet Metal Contractors to Save Production Time and Increase Bid Accuracy.
Trimble announced the release of its QuickPen® AutoBid® SheetMetal 2011 v2 estimating solution for contractors. The release includes a number of time saving enhancements such as the ability to convert a rectangular duct to an equivalent round duct, the ability to compare on-screen drawings complete with Sticky Notes, as well as the ability to change item elevations in a single click.
The announcement was made at the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors National Association (SMACNA) Annual Convention.
The new version introduces the unique ability to automatically convert rectangular duct to equivalent round duct—a scenario contractors often explore for cost saving opportunities. Since fittings are automatically converted, customers benefit from greater time savings in their value engineering exercises while creating a bid. This version also provides contractors with the ability to compare the differences between two On-Screen View (OSV) drawings. Users can then modify their takeoff as necessary without having to manually determine what changed between two similar drawings. In addition, drawings can also accept "Sticky Notes," which now puts the user's comments and notes directly onto the OSV drawing.
The current capabilities of AutoBid SheetMetal are expanded by offering increased functionality in its patented automatic fitting generation. The new time-saving Elevation Change feature also allows users to change the item elevation up or down 1 foot, generating up to 3 items with a single mouse click.
"With today's economic conditions, contractors are looking for a competitive edge," said Pat Bohle, general manager of Trimble's Building Construction Division. "AutoBid helps them more quickly and accurately find it. The shape conversion tool will save users from having to manually redline drawings to convert rectangular ductwork to round duct and then re-takeoff the drawing, ultimately resulting in time and money savings."
AutoBid SheetMetal is available through Trimble's QuickPen Division. AutoBid SheetMetal 2011 v2 is expected to be available in November 2011. Existing AutoBid Sheet Metal users who are current on their annual support agreement will receive the version at no charge. For more information, visit: www.quickpen.com or call 866-799-6673.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting