Latest Point Creation Software Provides the Ability for Contractors, MEP Tradesmen, and Engineers to Create 2D and 3D Field Points for Construction Layout within their Native CAD and AutoDesk Revit Applications.
Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) today announced updates to its Trimble® Point Creator software platform by introducing plug-ins for CAD and Autodesk® Revit® users. Existing users of Autodesk Revit 2012 (Architecture, MEP, and Structures versions) and popular CAD platforms, such as AutoCAD®, AutoCAD® MEP®, Bricscad, and ZWcad can operate natively within the Trimble Point Creator application to create 2D and 3D points. The points are then easily transferred to the Trimble LM80, Trimble MEP, and Trimble Field Link solutions for construction layout in the field.
Trimble Point Creator for CAD and Autodesk Revit was designed for the engineer, contractor, and sub-contractor looking to bridge the gap between the design process and work executed in the field. Incorporating data from many applications across the building lifecycle, project participants can minimize data re-entry and maximize efficiency and accuracy required for the construction layout process.
Featuring user defined point placement on CAD block objects, as well as Revit object families in either 2D or 3D views, Trimble Point Creator allows replication of points through easy to use wizards and automation routines. Once field points are created in the model, Trimble Point Creator generates a job file properly scaled and aligned, providing the user with the ability to immediately open and use the data in the field. This simplified process omits the need for further adjustments which can be time consuming and prone to error.
"Integrating Autodesk's Revit into Trimble Point Creator fits strategically into our vision of providing solutions that span the entire spectrum of our customer base," said Pat Bohle, general manager of Trimble's Building Construction Division. "Making it easier for general contractors, MEP contractors, and engineers to add field points into their existing design applications helps to facilitate the transfer of virtual design data to the field. In the end, our customers are more productive and efficient."
Trimble Point Creator for CAD and Autodesk Revit can be purchased through Trimble's QuickPen Division or Trimble's worldwide Building Construction Distribution Network and is expected to be available electronically in English, French, German and Dutch versions this Fall/Winter 2011.
To be notified when the new version of Trimble Point Creator will be available, visit: http://partners.bimtofield.com/get-TPC to register.
Sep 27, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments