Robust Data Access Libraries Manage Complex 3D CAD Information Within Latest ProductCenter PLM Release.
Tech Soft 3D, leading provider of component technology to the engineering software industry, and SofTech, proven provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, announce that the latest version of SofTech's ProductCenter® PLM is integrated with the HOOPS 3D Exchange data access technology.
The recently released ProductCenter PLM version 9.2.0 uses HOOPS 3D Exchange to traverse through a company's Dassault Systèmes CATIA® V5 or Siemens UG NX™ drawing, assembly and part files, establish how they are related, and create a document hierarchy. This resulting "Bill of Information" is a comprehensive, fully-integrated and useful consolidation of all information a company needs to define, design, manufacture and service its products.
SofTech has relied on the original TTF translation libraries for ProductCenter PLM since early 2005. Tech Soft 3D acquired these libraries, now developed as HOOPS 3D Exchange, from Adobe in 2010. Since then, it has aggressively updated, enhanced and supported this technology, which empowers development teams to read and write popular 3D file formats within their applications using PRC, the 3D format used to store precise 3D data within PDF documents.
"The transition of the TTF Library to the HOOPS 3D Exchange library, the improvements in the functional content of the HOOPS 3D Exchange technology, and maybe most importantly, the knowledge, expertise and support of the entire Tech Soft 3D organization has reassured SofTech that we made the right decision," says Jay Pappas, ProductCenter Product Manager.
"We're pleased to see HOOPS 3D Exchange integrated within ProductCenter PLM," says Tech Soft 3D CEO, Ron Fritz. "SofTech is a great example of a long-standing customer of the original TTF libraries finding continued success with this important data access technology."
Sep 6, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012