Students Worldwide to be Awarded Scholarships for Innovative Designs in 3D Printing Contest.
Stratasys Inc. today announced the launch of its Dimension brand’s eighth annual Extreme Redesign 3D Printing Challenge. The global contest encourages students to submit an innovative new product design, a redesign of an existing product, or an original or redesigned work of art or architecture.
Educators worldwide have recognized the annual design & 3D printing contest for its positive impact on students. “Students have the opportunity to put their critical thinking skills to the test, as well as to demonstrate their creativity with this design contest,” says Jesse Roitenberg, Stratasys Education Channel Manager. “Each year they demonstrate they are up to the challenge, with the unique submissions we receive.”
Dimension 3D Printing will award nine student winners either $2,500 or $1,000 scholarships in the categories of Middle School and High School Engineering, College Engineering, and Art & Architecture. Designs are awarded based on creativity, usefulness, part integrity and aesthetics. Instructors of the three first-place student winners will receive an Apple iPad for use in the classroom. Since the contest’s inception, more than $90,000 in scholarships have been awarded to students.
Each submission must:
• be a sound mechanical design
• be realistic and achievable
• include a clear written description of the design.
This year’s contest will also feature an award category in which students may compete for a bonus prize. Students who incorporate a school-spirit theme into their designs will have a chance to win a $250 gift card.
For video, photos, and descriptions of previous winning designs, visit Extreme Redesign 3D Printing Challenge. For contest rules and regulations, visit ER Rules & Regulations.
Sep 12, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012
- New Report Places Bentley's OpenPlant Products at the Forefront of Interoperability and Plant Creation