Extends SpaceClaim's Commitment to Open Standards and Engineering Collaboration.
SpaceClaim, the market-leader in direct modeling software that enables all engineers to work in 3D, has joined the ProSTEP iViP Association to work with global manufacturers and partners to set standards and drive open environments. The ProSTEP iViP Association has committed itself to developing innovative approaches to solving problems and modern standards for product data management and virtual product creation.
"SpaceClaim plays a vital role in the product creation process by enabling all engineers to perform concept design, model preparation and bid modeling easily, efficiently and cost effectively," said Frank DeSimone, Vice President of Software Development, SpaceClaim. "We developed SpaceClaim to be neutral and compatible with all CAD software to eliminate complexities. Being part of ProSTEP iViP is another example of our commitment to open standards."
"The members of our association are pioneers in the processes, methods and systems in the product lifecycle," said Dr. StevenVettermann, General Manager, ProSTEP iViP Association. "We welcome SpaceClaim's membership as an expert in 3D Direct Modeling. We foster close collaboration between manufacturers and suppliers -- together with representatives from the IT industry and from the research and science communities. SpaceClaim's participation will be meaningful in driving the development of standards."
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting