Siemens is extending its industrial software portfolio through the acquisition of Active SA, Santo André, Brazil, supplier of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) software, principally applied to the pharmaceutical and bioengineering industries. This takeover enables Industry Automation, a Division of the Siemens Industry Sector, to further develop its leading global position in the industrial software market. Both parties agreed not to disclose the purchase price for Active SA.
Founded in 1995 and operating chiefly in Brazil and Mexico with a staff of around 50 employees, Active is one of the leading MES providers of pharmaceutical and bioengineering software in Latin America. The company claims that around half the medicinal drugs manufactured in Brazil are produced using MES solutions from Active. Following the takeover, the company is set to become part of the Industrial Automation Systems Business Unit, whose CEO Eckard Eberle commented: "Active's operations constitute a perfect match with the Siemens industry software portfolio. Active is firmly established in the market, boasts outstanding expertise in production processes and for over fifteen years has been a recognized partner and preferred software supplier to many renowned companies."
"We will maintain our successful course. Our customers can continue to rely on our excellent products and solutions while, under the Siemens umbrella, having a strong partner to provide investment security," said the two managing directors and previous owners of Active, Marcio Moretti and Rodrigo Alvarez.
In recent years, the Division has acquired a number of leading industrial software providers in their respective fields including UGS in USA (2007), Innotec in Germany (2008), and Elan Software Systems in France (2009).
Sep 21, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers