Sescoi, with its WorkNC automatic CADCAM software, partnered Agie Charmilles in its first ever Open House for Mikron 3 and 5-axis machining centers in Bangalore, India. At the two day event, which included a networking dinner, the companies welcomed 150 engineers from 60 companies including Amritha Tool Craft, Tyco, Avasarala Technologies, Titan, ASB, BEL, Mahindra Aerostructures, Jindal Aluminium Ltd., Hampson, Shakti Precision Components, TVS SFL, and Indo-US Mimtec PVT Ltd.
Visitors were received in the Technical Center by Antoine Coletta from Agie Charmilles and were able to see live machining on Mikron machines of three different parts, all programmed with WorkNC. Particularly impressive for the attendees was the machining of a connecting rod cavity in 45HRC H13 material in just two hours. This made use of WorkNC’s trochoidal roughing strategies, cutting 10mm deep in one pass with a 10 x 1 mm end mill operating at 4,500 rpm and 3,000 mm/min. The trochoidal machining technology in WorkNC controls tool load, increasing both material removal rates and tool life, without compromising on surface finish. A further two re-roughing operations were followed by three finishing operations, ending with a 3mm ball operating at 14,000 rpm, to produce a mirror quality surface.
Visitors were also impressed with the high quality finish produced on an ear piece cavity for the Indian company ALPS. Again, machined on a Mikron machine and programmed with WorkNC, the completed tool demonstrated that the manual polishing, which ALPS previously needed to do, was now completely unnecessary.
Kaushik Bhattacharya, Country Manager and Vijay Bhaskar, Senior Application Engineer for Agie Charmille India, praised the quality of the toolpaths created in WorkNC and the support they received from the Sescoi India office.
Sescoi’s Murali Krishna Yedida was delighted with the event. “We are very happy to be working with Agie Charmilles in India and look forward to supporting it in further machining trials for its customers. The quality of the demonstrations during the Open House show that WorkNC’s advanced technology can transform quality and productivity for Indian manufacturers.”
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers