Nemetschek Allplan is sponsoring a competition for students who want to prove their abilities as creative designers within a residential design context. Competitors in the “Creative furnishing!” competition must furnish a 5-room apartment. CAD furnishings must be provided in at least three different design variants for the living, sleeping, eating/cooking, and sanitary areas. The decisive factor is the extent to which the individual designs differ in form and surface. For a more precise description of the tasks and detailed format templates, see www.allplan-campus.com/aufmoebeln.
The competition starts on September 1 and ends on November 30, 2011. It is open to all students of all disciplines related to Architecture, Interior Design, Design, and associated studies. The jury will assess the fundamental idea and its implementation in the design, the functional solution, the way the designer responds to the requirements posed by specific residential aspects, and the detailed design. The jury will comprise of Dipl.-Ing. Rasso Steinmann (Munich Fachhochschule), Prof. Ruth Berktold, architect (Munich Fachhochschule, YES Architecture), Claudia Stark, architect (Stark-Architekten, Munich), Sabine Rubenbauer, architect and Dipl.-Ing. Marc Henkel, interior architect (RBS Projekt Management GmbH).
The three best designs will win an iPad worth 500 euros.
“Modern and demanding designs and visualizations are the calling cards of today’s designers. Modern content such as furniture, contributes significantly to the visual quality of the design,” says Michael Kießling, Senior Product Manager at Nemetschek Allplan GmbH. “We want to work together with creative students and provide customers with fresh CAD data design objects, so we look forward to sponsoring this competition and promoting young talent.”
You can find detailed information on the competition at:
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel