Delcam's South Korean joint venture, Hankook Delcam, held its 22nd user group conference on 25th and 26th August at Hong-Cheong DaeMyung Resort. With over 1,000 delegates, plus more than 100 staff from Hankook Delcam and its technical partners, the attendance set a new record, reinforcing the event’s position as the world’s largest CAM user meeting.
Opening the conference, Chan-oong Jeong, President and CEO of Hankook Delcam, emphasized the need for optimisation of manufacturing technology. He commented on the importance of manufacturing, both to the global economy and to the Korean economy. "Even though Asia is now the main centre for manufacturing, Korean companies need to lead the drive for optimisation,” he claimed. "Hankook Delcam will support this process with Delcam’s Advanced Manufacturing software and the CAM automation solutions developed in our new R&D Center. We will continue to provide a total service of process consulting, innovation, customization and training in CADCAM, one of the most important technologies to secure national competitiveness for manufacturing industry all over the world.”
Mr. Jeong was followed by Delcam’s Chief Executive, Clive Martell, who spoke on the company’s recent progress and future business strategy. He reported that Delcam’s sales for the first half of 2011 were 30% higher than those for the second half of 2009, enabling the company to further increase its investment in software development.
The next two days covered developments across the range of Delcam software for design, modelling for manufacture, machining and inspection. There was also a presentation on Hankook Delcam’s new R&D centre, Hankook Delcam Automation Solutions, which has been established to support process optimisation through innovation, automation and integration.
The conference also included a specific session for delegates from educational institutes, focussed on the Hankook Delcam’s collaboration with high school teachers and college professors. This session discussed ways the company and the educational sector could cooperate in training technicians and engineers more effectively to meet the needs of industry.
Sep 2, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012