Mastercam is known for powerful NC programming, but it also delivers a suite of shop-tested design tools including 3D surfacing and solids. The streamlined CAD engine makes design work easier than ever before.
Mastercam Design makes it easy to model and edit geometry. It also supports advanced geometry creation, including NURBS curves and surfaces, 2D and 3D associative dimensioning, surface extension, blending, trimming, splitting, variable filleting, solid modeling, and so much more.
A few new enhancements to Mastercam Design X5 are:
Solid and Surface Analysis
Analyze the curvature of a surface to identify undercuts and minimum radius with two new Analyze functions (Analyze Draft Angle and Analyze Curvature). These new functions shade areas of the model with user-specified colors and support both surfaces and solids.
With Mastercam X5 Solids, you can now create a pattern of solid features by selecting source geometry and producing multiple copies of it on a part, either in a grid (rectangular pattern) or around a center point (circular pattern). You can also click the graphics window to place copies (manual pattern).
Assign Colors to Solid Faces
Assigning different colors to individual solid faces and features simplifies the selection of solid areas for toolpathing and other operations.
With Mastercam Design X5, you can specify diameters quickly and without consulting paper drill charts. Standard letter and number drill and tap sizes have been added to all Mastercam calculable fields.
Sep 14, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012