EMO 2011 will feature the latest in the line of powerful Mastercam machining software. Stop by Hall 25, Stand J26 at the Hannover Exposition Grounds, in Hannover, Germany, September 19-24, for a look at Mastercam’s new Blade Expert add-on, as well as Mastercam X5, the latest release, which delivers dramatic time-saving cutting techniques.
Mastercam Blade Expert
Mastercam Blade Expert simplifies the toolpath creation process for any multi-bladed parts, including fans, propellers, impellers, turbines, and marine screws. There is no limit to the number of blades, splitters, or sub-splitters that can be programmed.
Most of these parts are key components in a number of growing industries, including power generation, transfer, and propulsion. Blade Expert eliminates guess work, gives you smooth toolpaths, and a dramatic reduction in programming time.
Below are a few highlights of Blade Expert:
- A variety of powerful and flexible multiaxis roughing strategies
- All toolpaths are trimmed to the in-process stock for best efficiency
- Precise cut pattern control on blade, fillet, and floor finishing
- Automatic tool axis control, ensuring smooth machine motion
- Focused control on all air-moves, transitions, extensions, and linking
- Automatic collision avoidance between the part, fixture, and all tool components
- Full machine simulation to aid the user in getting the most out of the machine
- The best Reseller network in the industry, providing the best support in the industry
“Blade Expert has a clear, precise user interface which follows the consistent flow of all existing Mastercam 5-axis toolpaths,” says Gary Hargreaves, VP, Business Development. “This new tool in our toolbox has been fully tested and it is backed by 28 years of industry experience. When you join the Mastercam family, you not only get superior tools, but you also gain a partner in manufacturing solutions so you can cut any part with precision and confidence.”
Also on display at EMO is Mastercam’s latest release, Mastercam X5. Here are some of the features you can preview in the booth:
- Smart Hybrid Finishing: Hybrid finishing intelligently blends two efficient cutting techniques in a single toolpath.
- OptiRough Toolpath: Mastercam’s new 3D surface high speed OptiRough toolpath supports cutters capable of machining very large depths of cut. OptiRough is a new technique designed to remove large amounts of material quickly using its successful dynamic milling motion.
- New Dynamic Milling Techniques: Dynamic milling constantly adjusts the toolpath to ensure the most efficient cut possible and allows use of the entire tool flute length, often eliminating the need for multiple depth cuts.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments