Intergraph CADWorx & Analysis University 2011 (CAU2011) opened Monday, September 19th in Houston, Texas USA with keynote speakers and a special presentation featuring the user successes achieved by the top three winners in the Drivers of Success user competition: Harder Mechanical Contractors, Inc. of Portland, Oregon, USA for CADWorx; Mott MacDonald of India for CAESAR II; and Larsen and Toubro of India for PV Elite.
Harder Mechanical Contractors, Inc. used CADWorx Plant for the first time on a chemical processing plant project in California, USA where they modeled over 150 unique pieces of equipment and produced automated isometric drawings with ISOGEN, including automated bills of material. With over 800 model design changes during the project, they realized firsthand the benefits of 3D modeling.
Mott MacDonald, India used CAESAR II to successfully analyze high temperature systems and complete an accurate stress analysis of all critical lines. CAESAR II helped MMPL save millions of rupees for their client and played an important role in settling project technical disputes.
Larsen and Toubro Heavy Engineering of India used PV Elite for a vessel design project that included a wide range of process equipment, eliminating the need for supporting, developing, and maintaining in-house software or custom spreadsheets. This helped them ensure accurate weight calculations and faster design optimization for the client.
These three top winners received a complimentary round trip to CAU2011 including airfare, hotel accommodations, and conference fees. Runners up included CADWorx users Grana y Montero Inenieria (Peru), Prokon Engineering and Consulting Inc. (Turkey), and Tata Chemicals Ltd. (India); CAESAR II users Fichtner Consulting (Germany) and Larsen and Toubro (India); and PV Elite user Det Norske Veritas (Norway). They each received an Apple® iPod® Touch.
CADWorx & Analysis University (CAU2011) is a global user-oriented plant design and engineering conference being held September 19-21 in Houston. Keynote speakers on day one included Patrick Holcomb, executive vice president, Intergraph PPM, and Rick Allen, senior vice president, Intergraph CADWorx & Analysis Solutions.
Sep 26, 2011
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets