Intergraph® opens Intergraph 2011 PP&M Canada today in Calgary, Alberta, bringing the country’s top process, power and marine companies together for a day of informative sessions and networking among industry leaders. The event is sponsored by Intergraph’s Process, Power & Marine (PP&M) division.
Intergraph 2011 PP&M Canada features keynote sessions by Barbara Zambon of Shell Global Solutions Canada and Simon Spurrier of AMEC, as well as Charles Evans, Chief Technology Officer for Intergraph PP&M, and Sven Gebhardt, vice president of Intergraph PP&M Canada. Twenty breakout sessions covering the broad Intergraph SmartPlant® and SmartMarine® Enterprises solution portfolio also are on the agenda, as are five Technical User Forum (TUF) meetings.
“Canada is a major player in the global economic community, particularly in the energy and mining sectors,” said Don Brundage, Intergraph PP&M executive vice president for the Americas. “The Athabasca oil sands in northeastern Alberta give Canada the second largest proven oil reserves in the world behind Saudi Arabia. Canada is vital to our business, and our Calgary regional office continues to be one of our company’s largest to support our many Canadian customers.
“Our customers have always been Intergraph’s key focus. The Intergraph 2011 PP&M Canada conference gives us the opportunity to show them how our industry-leading solutions can help them enhance safety, improve quality, boost productivity, reduce timelines and ensure data accuracy across the facility life cycle,” Brundage said. “The conference offers an excellent opportunity for industry leaders to come together and discuss common issues affecting engineering, procurement and construction companies and owner operators alike.” said Simon Spurrier, Engineering Systems Department Manager at AMEC.
SmartPlant and SmartMarine Enterprises offer a powerful portfolio of industry-leading, best-in-class design and data management solutions, enabling companies in the process, power, offshore and marine industries to capture integrated engineering knowledge at the enterprise level for the competitive advantage needed in today’s and tomorrow’s market. The integrated suites of SmartPlant and SmartMarine Enterprise solutions enable proven productivity gains, improving engineering efficiency and design productivity by up to 30 percent. Intergraph solutions are endorsed and used by the world’s industry leaders.
The ARC Advisory Group, a leading industry analyst firm, ranked Intergraph the No. 1 overall engineering design 3D software and process engineering tools (PET) provider worldwide according to its PET Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast through 2013.
Sep 26, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012
- New Report Places Bentley's OpenPlant Products at the Forefront of Interoperability and Plant Creation