GstarCAD today officially launched GstarCAD MC for iPad, complete with functions for viewing, creating, annotating, and editing drawings. Users will find it convenient to deploy the new software on Apple's popular tablet at construction sites, on manufacturing shop floors, and in other locations where desktop PCs and laptop computers are unmanageable.
GstarCAD MC enables users to create, edit, mark up, and share CAD drawings directly on the Apple iPad. The new software works with OCF files, which can be converted from DWG and DXF files quickly using GstarCAD for Windows running on desktop or laptop computers. The OCF format has been optimized to display CAD drawings accurately and quickly on iPads, as well as to ensure that fonts are never missing. OCF files are conveniently transferred from PCs to iPads through Apple's iTunes software.
GstarCAD MC offers many useful functions for editing drawings, creating new ones, and saving them by different names. Included in this first release are drawing functions for creating and editing lines, clouds, rectangles, circles, arcs, and other objects. Editing can be carried out through deleting, copying, moving, and other actions. Auxiliary functions provide undo and redo mechanisms, the creation of layouts, and much more. In all, these useful capabilities make GstarCAD MC the most convenient software available today for mobile drawing communications.
"It's great to have GstarCAD on my iPad," said an engineer who worked with the beta version of GstarCAD MC. "The multitouch capabilities of the iPad are put to great use in GstarCAD MC, and I'm eagerly waiting for the first release to come out."
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel